Thursday, November 22, 2007

I went to NYC to spend Thanksgiving with Jen C!!

At 60 degrees, it was a *perfect* day for a parade! We saw Mr. Potatohead ...
... and Shrek ...
... and Kermit the Frog! Now there's a guy who can relate to me--I always says it's not easy bein' green.
We saw Dora ...
... and Wynonna ...
... and Corbin Bleu! I wasn't really sure who that was, but the other kids were pretty excited, so I figured he must be important.

Then we saw the most important parade celeb of them all!

After the parade, they headed out to Strawberry Fields. Did you know I am a huge Lennon fan??

After their traditional Thanksgiving Day movie, the C'sand I headed to Arte Cafe...

... for a slightly non-traditional Thanksgiving feast!

They kicked off their celebration with a little champagne toast!

They met Phyllis at the next table--she's a sorority girl too! Phyllis pledged a local sorority at Brooklyn College in 1942. Whenever Phyllis saw a sister on campus, she had to stand on one foot and spin her airborne foot in a circle and say "it's a joy and honor to be in your presence!" She also told me about the time Eleanor Roosevelt came to speak at her campus. I thought Phyllis was way cool.
Then dinner was served! Turkey, of course!

It was a really great New York-style Thanksgiving. And the C's was even nice enough to pick up the bill.

No comments: